- This event has passed.
Comprehensive Diagnosis and Treatment Planning – UCONN, Seminar Series
April 20 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- « 90’s Seconds to 90% Case Acceptance - Periodontal Implant Study Club, David Rosania, DMD & Amy Rosania, DMD - Portsmouth, NH
- Minimizing Esthetic and Functional Risk- through pre Orthodontic Periodontal Augmentation and Restorative Periodontal Augmentation / Hands-on Treatment planning for the Entire Dental Team - Fairfield County Dental Club »
Comprehensive Diagnosis and Treatment Planning – Seminar Series
University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine
A healthy periodontium is the foundation of a healthy mouth and hence all dentistry. Dr Sonick will give a review and update of current periodontal therapy including examination, diagnosis and treatment planning. Patient communication techniques will be shared which lead to greater case acceptance. Getting a patient to say yes to treatment involves more than just a report of findings. A relationship must be established in which the patient trusts in the decision that he or she makes regarding their own health. Esthetic treatment planning will also be covered including CT grafting, esthetic crown lengthening, bone grafting, implants and esthetic periodontal surgery. The thought process which leads to predictable decisions will be elucidated.
At the end of this day participants will know:
• A 15 minute comprehensive examination
• Diagnosis and treatment of the various forms of periodontal disease
• Achieve greater patient acceptance of comprehensive treatment
• When to save teeth and when to extract and replace