- This event has passed.
Periodontal Esthetics and Mucogingival Therapy: Gingival Augmentation and Subtraction Procedures – Connecticut State Dental Association – Annual Meeting
May 12 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- « Minimizing Esthetic and Functional Risk- through pre Orthodontic Periodontal Augmentation and Restorative Periodontal Augmentation / Hands-on Treatment planning for the Entire Dental Team - Fairfield County Dental Club
- 90 Seconds to 90% Case Acceptance: Exam, Diagnosis, Treatment Planning and Delivery of Comprehensive Dental Care - Annual Meeting »
The multiplicity of manners to address the discrepancies of dental gingival anatomy will be addressed. Advances in plastic surgical techniques have given us the ability to predictably regenerate lost gingival tissues. Techniques for connective tissue and free gingival grafting will be demonstrated and shown.
Regeneration of the lost periodontium is not only possible but also predictable. Techniques for augmenting gingival tissue around the teeth will be shown. The technique and indications for the free gingival graft and subepithelial graft will be elucidated. In addition the management of the edentulous ridge will be discussed. Techniques for ridge augmentation at the time of extraction and post extraction will be demonstrated.
Topics to be discussed:
- Ideal gingival esthetics
- Gingival augmentation techniques for root coverage
- Subepithelial connective tissue graft
- Tunneling procedures
- Free gingival graft Soft tissue grafting with ADM (acellular dermal matrix)
- Ridge augmentation procedures
- Preventing ridge collapse
- Recapturing extraction sites
- Pontic designs and site development
- Creating the ovate pontic
- Smile design
- Sequencing restorative and surgical treatment