Treating People Not Patients. Having Patients Say Yes to Treatment: Exam, Diagnosis, Treatment Planning and Delivery of Comprehensive Dental Care
December 15 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- « Treating People Not Patients. Having Patients Say Yes to Treatment: Exam, Diagnosis, Treatment Planning and Delivery of Comprehensive Dental Care
- Exam, Diagnosis, Treatment Planning and Delivery of Comprehensive Dental Care “Having Patients Happily Say Yes to Treatment” An Update on Periodontal Therapy for the General Practitioner »
A healthy periodontium is the foundation of a healthy mouth and hence all dentistry. A comprehensive examination is the sine qua non in the performance of ideal dental care. Getting a patient to say yes to treatment involves more than just a report of findings. A relationship must be established in which the patient trusts in the decision that he or she makes regarding their own health. Dr Sonick will review the important patient communication techniques that have allowed him to build a successful practice where over 90% of his patients say yes to comprehensive dental treatment (His practice is routinely booked 2-3 months in advance).
Additionally, a review of the variety of essential supportive surgical therapies will be presented and reviewed including, but not limited to: CT grafting, esthetic crown lengthening, periodontal surgical regeneration, extractions and bone grafting, ridge augmentations, and the esthetic placement of dental implants. The thought process which leads to predictable decisions will be elucidated.
At the end of this day participants will know:
• A 15 minute comprehensive examination
• Diagnosis and treatment of the various forms of periodontal disease
• Achieve greater patient acceptance of comprehensive treatment
• When to save teeth and when to extract and replace
• Understand supportive periodontal therapy including CT grafts, esthetic crown lengthening, bone grafting, esthetic implant placement