Integrating Dental Implants Into Your Practice NYU – Zimmer Biomet Institute – Parsippany, NJ
May 18 - May 19
The surgical success of dental implants has become quite predictable. In order to achieve optimal function, esthetics, and long term success in the final implant restoration, pre-surgical evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment planning is of paramount importance.
This course is designed to help the practitioner take their practice to the next level. This presentation will focus on the parameters which must be considered during the diagnostic phase to assure successful and precise implant placement. Included will be a thorough discussion of treatment planning, surgical drilling protocol, osteotome techniques, incision design, suturing, second stage surgery and follow up care. The importance of precision three dimensional positioning will also be covered.
Participants will have an opportunity to place implants in saw bone mandibles.
Covered Topics Include:
• Diagnosis and treatment planning
• Patient examination
• Radiographic protocols
• Presurgical planning
• Diagnostic Models and stent fabrication
• Surgical set up
• Positioning for Ideal implant placement
• Flap design and suturing technique
• Socket preservation techniques
• Bone grafting
• Timing of implant placement
• Second stage surgical strategies
• Staging treatment from teeth to implants
• To recognize the indications for implant placement
• To understand how to diagnose bone quality and quantity prior to implant placement
• To learn how to use stents to position implants ideally
• Enhance surgical techniques for flap design and suturing techniques
• Understand second stage surgical procedures